The elastic system, which process system composed by machine tool, fixture, workpiece and cutting tools, it will produce elastic deformation during the process of processing, because of the cutting force, transmission force, inertia force, clamping force and gravity. Thus it will destroys the accurate position between cutting tools and workpiece, produce processing error
Calculation of tool deformation
FR Radial force(N)
E Modulus of elasticity(N/mm2 )for steel 210,000 N/mm2
Iy Areal moment of Intertlamm4
From this , we can know:
1. The tool deformation is proportional to the tool radial force
2. The tool deformation is proportional to the third power of the tool suspension length
3. The tool deformation is inversely proportional to the 4 th square of the tool bar diameter
How to reduce the impact of tools deformation?
1. Tools overhang should be as short as possible.
2. The diameter of handle should be as large as possible.
3. The radial cutting force of the tool should be as small as possible during long overhang
The deformation of the tool is proportional to the force it is subjected to in processing, reducing the force of the tool can reduce the opportunity of the elastic knife, to reduce the force of the tool is to reduce the contact area of the tool and the workpiece.
---EDITOR: Lexi Pang
---POST: Doris Hu