Vibration is a common way of mechanical movement, which refers to the reciprocating movement of objects over time near the equilibrium position. Vibration also has a harmful side. During turning, vibration will increase the surface roughness of the workpiece to be processed, and sometimes texture will appear, which cannot meet the processing requirements. At the same time, generally with the occurrence of the first vibration, subsequent processing will also be accompanied by continuous vibration, making errors in each process of the entire processing process, and the accumulation of errors may even lead to the scrapping of the workpiece.
And vibration not only affects machining accuracy and machining quality, but also causes wear on the machine and tools. Once this happens, it will cause damage to the entire turning machine and tools. Workers who have been processed must fully understand the machine tool. By sacrificing the processing efficiency of the machine tool, reducing the amount of machining parts cutting to suppress the vibration generated during processing. Another kind of vibration produced in turning processing is mainly the vibration of the tool. The vibration of the tool is easy to observe. The tool vibration is a high-frequency vibration. The noise generated during cutting will be very loud and harsh, mainly due to the tool being processed. The accumulation of wear between the workpiece and the workpiece in the process increases the surface friction. The friction force will damage the workpiece and the tool, and draw fine and dense traces on the surface of the workpiece.
How to eliminate vibration
To control the generation of vibration during the turning process, it is necessary to consider both the machine tool and the tool. It is necessary to eliminate the internal vibration of the machine tool as the basis, reduce the man-made operation error and the wrong use of the workpiece tool during the machining process, and ensure that the vibration will not cause serious harm. To effectively reduce or eliminate vibration, the following measures can be taken.
1. For hard turning parts, you need to choose a machine with better rigidity, a Japanese or European machine.
2. When clamping the tool, fully consider the processing sequence of the workpiece, and clamp the most suitable surface to ensure uniform force on the tool, avoid unbalanced force during processing, and increase in bending moment, and the tool must be clamped properly , To avoid vibration or even tool flying off during processing.
3. Choose the material and type of the tool reasonably, choose the appropriate tool according to the material of the workpiece and the requirements of machining accuracy. It is strictly forbidden to "soft knife and hard cutting", which will damage the tool and increase the vibration hazard during processing.
4. Appropriately increase the rigidity of the tool bar, and increase the rigidity of the tool bar to reduce the impact of friction.
5. Control the overhang length of the tool. The protruding length of the tool is too long, which is unfavorable for processing, and it is prone to jitter during the processing, which will also cause injury to the operator.
6. The tools that have been used for a long time should be sharpened or replaced in time.
7. Use shock-proof toolholder or carbide toolholder.