The cutting tool is one of the prerequisites to improve the processing efficiency, its choice depends on the processing of parts, material state, fixture and machine tool to choose the number of rigid shape, should consider the following aspects:
Many tool damage is also related to other factors, such as splintered clamps and handles that can shorten tool life. When the clamping workpiece is not rigid enough, the movement during cutting may cause the fracture of the carbide matrix. Sometimes small cracks develop along the cutting edge, and sometimes a piece breaks off the carbide blade, preventing further cutting. Of course, this kind of chipping edge may also be due to too hard carbide or too large cutting load. At this time, high speed steel tool should be considered for machining to reduce the occurrence of edge breakage. Of course, HSS tools cannot withstand the same high heat as cemented carbide. What material to use, must be determined according to the specific situation.
Alloy milling cutter in the use of more or less will encounter damage or wear problems, but sometimes it is inevitable. However, we can try our best to minimize the damage. There are few methods to reduce wear. Heat is the most important factor affecting tool life when milling nickel-based alloys, as even the best carbide tools can be destroyed by excessive cutting heat. Producing extremely high cutting heat is not just a problem for milling nickel alloys. So when milling these alloys, the heat needs to be controlled. In addition, it is also very important to understand the heat value generated when using various forms of tools (HSS tools, carbide tools or ceramic tools)
Through the use of improved tool clamping eccentricity holder, such as hydraulic clamping head, hot clamping head, can make the cutting action more balanced, more stable, reduce tool wear, improve the surface quality. When choosing the handle, one principle should be followed, that is, the handle should be as short as possible. These clamping requirements for tools and workpieces apply to milling any material, and when milling nickel-based alloys, advanced machining experience is required whenever possible.
The method of judging milling cutter wear:
1. Voice-listening in the processing to judge whether wear, mainly in the cutting process, suddenly machining the milling cutter voice is not normal cutting.
2. Look at the processing, if the processing process, take intermittent irregular Mars, indicating that the tool has worn, according to the average life of the milling cutter change tool in time.
3. Look at the color of iron filings, iron filings color change, indicating that the processing temperature has changed, may be milling cutter wear.
4. Look at the shape of iron filings, iron filings appear on both sides of the sawtooth, iron filings do not normally curl, iron filings become more finely broken, obviously is not normal cutting out of the feeling, proving that the tool has been worn.
5. Look at the surface of the workpiece, there are bright marks, but the roughness and size do not change much, which is actually the tool has been worn.
6. Listen the sound, processing vibration intensifies, milling cutter is not fast will produce abnormal sound. At this time to pay attention to avoid knife, resulting in the scrap of the workpiece.
7. Observe the load of the machine tool. If there is a significant incremental change, the tool may be worn.
8. milling cutter cutting workpiece, serious burr, roughness drop, workpiece size changes and other obvious phenomenon is also the judgment standard of tool wear.
---EDITOR: Lexi Pang
---POST: Doris Hu